Starbucks really struck gold with the induction of their ultra-popular Peppermint Mocha back in 2002.
Since then, peppermint has been a mainstay flavor at the coffee chain, expanding upon the drink options that include it.
Minty coffee may sound weird, but it’s an iconic combo that completely changed the game!
Now that it’s a year-round flavor, I’m here to share my arsenal of the best 18 Starbucks peppermint drinks out there.
18 Starbucks Peppermint Drinks (Minty Coffee Drinks To Enjoy)
Peppermint isn’t a flavor that I normally have much of an opinion about.
However, I do have an opinion on Starbucks drinks, and some of their peppermint drinks are something special.
Some are minty and chocolatey, while others throw peppermint in with flavors I never would’ve thought go together.
Currently, Starbucks has 2 ‘anchor' peppermint drinks: the Peppermint Mocha and the Peppermint Frappuccino.
While they’re certainly amazing, there are quite a few others I highly recommend:
1. Iced Peppermint Mocha
The Iced Peppermint Mocha is sharp and refreshing, with the peppermint creating a frosty feeling when combined with the ice!
This particular peppermint mocha is made with Starbucks' signature espresso along with peppermint syrup and sweet mocha sauce.
As a decadent finish, the Iced Peppermint Mocha is topped with whipped cream and dark chocolate curls.
This Christmas in a cup can also be ordered hot, though it comes in at 440 calories for a Grande size.
Brew This Coffee From The Comfort Of Your Own Home!
Tips From a Barista:
- Substitute Chai for espresso or add a scoop of chocolate malt powder.
2. Peppermint Bark Frappuccino
The only time I ever usually have peppermint bark is during the holidays, and when my barista friend told me about this secret menu item, I knew I had to give it a go.
The Peppermint Bark Frappuccino can actually be ordered as a hot or iced coffee drink, too.
I highly recommend ordering extra Starbucks whipped cream on top and even add a few dark chocolate curls.
This decadent peppermint mocha Frappuccino is surprisingly available all year-round, too!
How To Order Peppermint Bark Frappuccino
- Ask for the Peppermint Mocha Frappuccino with half mocha sauce and half white mocha sauce. Finish it off with whipped cream and dark chocolate bits.
3. Peppermint Pow Frappuccino
It’s easily one of the most bizzare-looking drinks, but the Starbucks Peppermint Pow Frappuccino is delicious.
Reminiscent of a mint milkshake, it blends Vanilla Bean Frappuccino base, peppermint syrup, and matcha green tea powder, topped with whipped cream.
It’s super popular around St. Patrick’s Day due to the color, but trust me - it’s amazing any time of year!
How To Order Peppermint Pow Frappuccino
- Order a Vanilla Bean Frappuccino combined with two pumps of peppermint syrup for a Grande size and two and a half scoops of Starbucks matcha green tea.
4. Peppermint Chocolate Chip Frappuccino
For me, the Peppermint Chocolate Chip Frappuccino is a gift from the heavens.
It tastes like those little mint chocolates you sometimes get after a meal at a restaurant, which I LOVE.
Or even - dare I say - the Girl Scouts Thin Mints Cookies.
The crunch from the java chips matched with the vanilla bean and peppermint syrup, along with the whip topping, creates a real treat.
This is one secret menu item that I simply can’t do without.
How To Order Peppermint Chocolate Chip Frappuccino
- Order a Vanilla Bean Frappuccino, and add 1.5 pumps of peppermint syrup for a Grande size, with 4 scoops of Java chips.
5. Peppermint Pattie Frappuccino
The Peppermint Pattie Frappuccino vanilla bean Frappuccino, java chips, and peppermint syrup and served in a cup drizzled with mocha around the sides.
It’s also topped with mocha drizzle and whipped cream.
It’s a bit less rich than many others on this list, with the java chips and mocha drizzle adding a bit of decadence to the vanilla bean base.
How To Order Peppermint Pattie Frappuccino
- To make this Peppermint Pattie Frappuccino, ask for a Vanilla Bean Frappuccino, 2.5 pumps of peppermint flavored syrup for a Grande size, java chips, and ask them to drizzle the sides of the cup with mocha sauce. Finally, top it with whipped cream and more mocha sauce drizzled on top.
6. Holly Jolly Latte
I can’t explain just how much I love the Holly Jolly Latte!
Served either hot or iced, it’s seriously the perfect winter drink.
It’s essentially an Eggnog Chai Latte with peppermint syrup, topped with nutmeg sprinkles and whipped cream.
I’ll admit that I never thought about eggnog and peppermint going well together, but they’re phenomenal.
Typically only available during the festive period, it's a great alternative to the regular peppermint mocha.
How To Order Holly Jolly Latte
- Order an Eggnog Chai Latte with 2 pumps of peppermint syrup for a Grande size, with nutmeg sprinkles and whipped cream.
7. Starbucks Chocolate Mint Frappuccino
Mint can be a challenging flavor to nail, especially when combining with other flavors.
However, the Starbucks Chocolate Mint Frappuccino pulls off this unique combo of Green Tea Frappuccino base, classic syrup, peppermint syrup, vanilla bean powder, protein powder, and mocha sauce.
It sounds wild, I know.
But somehow, they all blend together to create an earthy, minty, slightly chocolatey frapp that I surprisingly really enjoyed.
How To Order Chocolate Mint Frappuccino
- Ask the barista for a Green Tea Frappuccino with 1.5 pumps of classic syrup, 4 pumps of peppermint syrup, 3 scoops of vanilla bean powder, 1.5 scoops of protein powder, and 2 pumps of mocha sauce. Finish this creme Frappuccino off with whipped cream, mocha sauce, dark chocolate curls, and a sprinkle of matcha powder.
8. Starbucks Franken Frappuccino
Peppermint is often reserved for the winter holiday drinks, but I’m here for the Halloween drinks!
The Franken Frappuccino certainly is a crazy experiment, taking the Green Tea Frappuccino and adding peppermint syrup, white chocolate sauce, and java chips, topped with whipped cream and mocha drizzle.
It’s sweet, with a slightly herbal twist to the classic mint chocolate duo.
This Starbucks Halloween drink isn’t on the main menu year-round, but it’s on the secret menu whenever.
How To Order Starbucks Franken Frappuccino
- Order a Green Tea Frappuccino, 2 pumps of peppermint syrup, white chocolate mocha sauce, topped with java chips. It’s then topped with whipped cream and mocha sauce drizzle.
9. Lucky Leprechaun Frappuccino
This drink was too adorable not to try on St. Patrick’s Day!
The green drink features ‘cloud’s of whipped cream on the top and bottom, java chips, and ‘gold’ caramel crunchies.
The rest of the Lucky Leprauchan Frappuccino is essentially just Green Tea frapp with peppermint syrup.
This drink is refreshing, creamy, minty, and comes with a touch of chocolate that gives it the right amount of sweetness to get anyone in the mood for celebrating!
How To Order Lucky Leprechaun Frappuccino
- Order a Green Tea Frappuccino with 2 pumps of Starbucks peppermint syrup for a Grande size (or an extra pump of peppermint syrup for a Venti), followed by a sprinkle of java chips. It's then topped with whipped cream and caramel crunchies.
10. Chinese New Year Candy Frappuccino
This is definitely one of the most creative drinks I’ve seen at Starbucks.
It actually comes with the strawberry-flavored ‘lucky candy’ that’s given out during the Chinese New Year for good luck.
It makes sense then, that the Chinese New Year Candy Frappuccino is a strawberries and cream Frappuccino base with classic syrup and peppermint syrup.
It’s creamy, fruity, and slightly sweet, and the best part is, it’s available on the secret menu any time of year.
How To Order Chinese New Year Candy Frappuccino
- Order a Strawberries and Creme Frappuccino and add a pump of classic syrup for a Grande size followed by a pump of Starbucks peppermint syrup for a Grande size, and finished with some whipped cream.
11. Shamrock Frappuccino
It can be a bit confusing trying to keep all these leprechaun-inspired drinks straight!
The Shamrock Frappuccino light mint flavor with chocolate in the form of java chips, with matcha for that earthy-chocolatey aspect.
The classic syrup is literally just to add a bit more sweetness.
It’s quite similar to some of the other green Starbucks drinks mentioned above.
How To Order Shamrock Frappuccino
- Matcha Green Tea Creme Frappuccino and ask to add java chips and a pump of peppermint and classic syrup. Top off with whipped cream.
12. Christmas In A Cup Latte
I am a huge fan of the Cinnamon Dolce Latte, and one day my regular barista recommended the Christmas In a Cup Latte to me.
He obviously knew me well, because I can’t get enough of this festive creation!
It’s literally the Cinnamon Dolce Latte, with white mocha and peppermint syrups added, topped with optional whipped cream.
It instantly puts me in the Christmas spirit, but honestly, I crave it during every season.
How To Order Christmas In A Cup Latte
- Order a Cinnamon Dolce Latte and 2 pumps of white mocha syrup for a Grande. Then add a pump of peppermint syrup before topping it with chocolate whipped cream.
13. Christmas Cookie Frappuccino
I have fond memories of frosting sugar cookies around Christmastime, and the Christmas Cookie Frappuccino brings me some serious nostalgia of those precious moments.
This delectable Frappuccino tastes very close to the real thing!
It requires a creme Frappuccino base, along with peppermint syrup and toffee nut syrup.
It’s then topped with soft whipped cream and a raw sugar packet, for full sugar cookie effect!
How To Order Christmas Cookie Frappuccino
- Order a creme Frappuccino with 1.5 pumps of peppermint flavored syrup for the Grande, 1.5 pumps of toffee nut syrup, topped with whipped cream and a raw sugar packet
14. Christmas Taste Frappuccino
I’ll just come out and say it: the pictures of this Frappuccino don’t exactly look appetizing to me.
However, in person, these festive-colored treats looked much more appealing.
They come with either a Vanilla Bean or Green Tea frapp base, along with peppermint and raspberry syrups!
I never would’ve thought to combine these flavors, but they’re sweet, herbal, and taste kind of like a mint vanilla/berry shake!
The top really makes the drink, with whipped cream and cookie drizzle.
I know people who really like a caramel drizzle on top, too!
How To Order Christmas Taste Frappuccino
- Select either the Vanilla Bean Frappuccino or Green Tea Frappuccino.
- Ask for either with 2 pumps of Starbucks peppermint syrup for a Grande size followed by a pump of raspberry syrup.
- Finally, top it with whipped cream and cookie crumble.
15. Mint White Chocolate Crumble Frappuccino
This is it: my favorite mint dessert drink of them all.
The Mint White Chocolate Crumble Frappuccino is the closest thing in my opinion to a true milkshake.
Honestly, I didn’t think the matcha green tea powder could go so well with the peppermint syrup, white mocha frapp base, and java chips.
But I was proven wrong with this delectable, velvety-smooth creation topped with whipped cream and cookie crumbles.
The crunch of the java chips and cookie crumbles adds a nice bit of surprise along with the smoothness of the rest of the drink.
I recommend it to anyone and everyone who’ll listen!
How To Order Mint White Chocolate Crumble Frappuccino
- To order this, simply get a white mocha Frappuccino and add two pumps of peppermint along with a scoop of matcha green tea powder.
16. Wing Nut Frappuccino
They say that sweet and savory is the ideal flavor combination, and the Wing Nut Frappuccino proves that.
This sweet and salty Frappuccino may not be the most obvious option, but it’s one of the most delicious Starbucks drinks out there.
It’s also one of the most unique.
With a creme Frappuccino base, toffee nut syrup, and cinnamon dolce syrup, it’s already tasting like a rich dessert.
Add some peppermint syrup into the mix, and it adds a special twist that is equally as confusing as it is delicious.
Mint, salty, and sweet - who would’ve thought it tastes so good?
How To Order Wing Nut Frappuccino
- Order a creme-based Frappuccino with 2 pumps of Starbucks peppermint syrup, toffee nut syrup, and cinnamon dolce syrup.
- Add 3 shakes of sea salt topping and half a sample cup of caramel sauce.
- Blend all of the above together with a little more ice than usual before topping it with whipped cream and cinnamon dolce sprinkles.
17. Candy Cane Frappuccino
This is probably simultaneously the easiest and most delicious peppermint drink to make.
It definitely tastes like a candy cane, but surprisingly is just a Vanilla Bean Frappuccino with peppermint syrup!
It’s simple, soft, and to me tastes more like a kind of candy cane ice cream.
I love the whipped cream on top, and a bit of white chocolate sauce drizzle is absolutely delicious.
How To Order Wing Nut Frappuccino
- Ask your barista for a Vanilla Bean Frappuccino with one and a half pumps of peppermint syrup. Top it off with whipped cream and white mocha sauce.
18. Peppermint Mocha Frappuccino
This incredibly popular drink is a blend of chocolate and peppermint perfection. It comes with roast coffee, mocha sauce, peppermint syrup, milk, and ice.
As a lovely finishing touch - the peppermint mocha is finished with whipped cream and dark chocolate curls.
I like to add extra peppermint syrup or white chocolate mocha sauce on top of the whipped cream for more flavor.
In terms of calories, this peppermint mocha is about 430 calories for a grande size.
Tips For Ordering Starbucks Peppermint Drinks (Your Barista Will Love You)
When ordering a Starbucks peppermint drink, know that they come in three different sizes - Tall, Grande and Venti.
Peppermint-flavored drinks can be ordered both hot and cold, though I feel cold drinks usually work better with the cool peppermint flavor.
That’s not to say peppermint doesn’t go well with other syrups and sauces.
I think it goes well with brown sugar syrup, caramel syrup, cinnamon dolce syrup, hazelnut syrup, raspberry syrup, toasted vanilla syrup, toffee nut syrup, vanilla syrup, and mocha.
The amount of peppermint syrup (or other flavored syrup) in your peppermint drink will vary depending on the size .
There are usually 4 pumps of the peppermint syrup in large peppermint flavored drinks, 3 in a Grande, and 2 in a Tall.
Whipped cream and dark chocolate curls also go really well with Starbucks peppermint beverages.
Frequently Asked Starbucks Peppermint Drink Questions
What peppermint syrup does Starbucks use?
Starbucks uses Fontana peppermint syrup.
I’ve even bought this particular peppermint syrup from Amazon before.
How many pumps of peppermint are in a venti Peppermint Mocha?
There are 5 pumps of peppermint syrup in a venti Peppermint Mocha, and it also comes with 2 shots of espresso.
Are mint and peppermint the same?
There isn't a significant difference between the two.
Peppermint belongs to the mint family and is a species of mint that has the strongest flavor when compared to other members of the mint family.
Phew, I know that there were quite a few peppermint drinks on here, but I really love them all!
My favorites are the Holly Jolly Latte and the Mint White Chocolate Crumble Frappuccino.
The Holly Jolly combines egg nog with peppermint - two things that I love separately but together give me a glimpse into heaven.
The Mint White Chocolate Frap tastes reminiscent to a milkshake I’d have in a diner, spruced up all fancy with matcha green tea powder and cookie crumbles!