For me, there's only one thing better than that first coffee of the day - someone buying me said morning coffee! I love sharing the joy around by giving my friends a Starbucks gift card - via text.
That’s right… Starbucks has made it possible to easily share gift cards with friends and family members by sending a quick text message.
Learn how to send a Starbucks gift card via text in my step-by-step guide.
How To Correctly Send A Starbucks Gift Card Through Text
If you want to avoid the hassle of buying physical gift cards for a friend or family member, it’s easy to send the gift card through your device’s messaging system.
The process of texting Starbucks gift cards is extremely convenient, and it can be done by following these steps:
- 1On your device, download the Starbucks app if you haven’t already. You can find the Starbucks mobile app at the App Store for iPhones or the Google Play Store for an Android device.
- 2Once the app is downloaded, create a Starbucks account and follow the steps to log in. By doing this, you'll also be able to start earning Starbucks Stars and rewards for free coffee.
- 3Next, go to your phone's messaging app and either open an existing conversation or start a new one. You'll have to select just one recipient, as you can't send gift cards in group texts.
- 4With the messages app open to the person you’d like to gift, access the Applications toolbar by tapping the app icon directly next to the text box.
- 5In the toolbar, you should be able to find the Starbucks Gifts icon immediately. If it’s not displayed, you may have to tap the three-dot icon to show more apps.
- 6Select the icon and choose from the different Starbucks gift card designs available for various occasions and different seasons. For more design options, simply scroll up or down to find everything from a ‘Happy Birthday’ to a ‘Thinking of You’ gift card design.
- 7Once you’ve landed on a design, choose your e-gift amount from $5 to $25. Hit the ‘Buy’ button and confirm your payment method with Face ID, Touch ID, or by inputting your phone’s passcode. The amount will be taken from the credit or debit card linked to your Starbucks account.
- 8The message icon allows you to add a personal message along with your Starbucks egift, so feel free to do so if the occasion calls for it.
- 9Now that your gift card is sent, the recipient will receive a text message within a few minutes. The payment will read as "STARBUCKS CARD EGIFT" on your monthly statement, and you can check the details in an email sent from the company.
Tips For Sending Starbucks Gift Cards For Android Users
It is currently not possible for Android users to send a Starbucks egift card via text. However, you can send it as a URL link via email.
If you don't want to send your loved one an email, you can email the gift card to yourself, click the link, and send the recipient a screenshot of the gift card.
Tips For Sending Starbucks Gift Cards For iPhone Users
Apple users have it easy when it comes to sending Starbucks egift cards.
As long as you have a Starbucks account and the app is downloaded, the Starbucks Gifts icon will appear in the application's toolbar for iMessage text messages.
How Do You Redeem A Starbucks Gift Card Sent Via Text?
Redeeming eGift cards is especially more convenient if the recipient's device is an iPhone or iPad.
Once you send the gift card to an Apple user, that person will receive a text message with a button saying, 'Tap to use this card.'
As soon as the recipient taps the new message icon, the person will be redirected to the app or the App Store so that it can be downloaded and the egift card can be redeemed.
Starbucks eGift cards sent to Androids must be redeemed by clicking a link. Once the link is selected, the gift card will appear on a web browser to be redeemed.
How To Send A Starbucks Gift Card Via Email
There are two ways you can send a gift card directly through email - via the app or via Amazon.
The App Method
To send via the app (my method of choice!), you simply input:
- The gift card message
- The gift card amount
- The payment method
- The recipient's email address
The Amazon Method
To send via Amazon , you simply need to:
- Purchase a Starbucks gift card
- Select a card design
- Select email delivery
- Select the amount
- Enter recipient's email address
- Choose date/time for electronic delivery
Once the order is processed, the recipient will receive an email with a bar code as well as a URL linking to the gift card. Thats it!
Can I Send A Gift Card In The Starbucks App?
Yes, you can send a gift card in the Starbucks app by following these simple steps:
Related Starbucks Gift Card Via Text Questions
Can I send Starbucks gift cards through their website?
Yes, you can easily send an e-gift card through the Starbucks website. Just visit Starbucks.com/gift and fill out the required forms.
Can you send gift cards via iMessage to an Android user?
Yes, you can send a Starbucks gift card via iMessage to an Android user. Just know that the recipient will see a link to the Starbucks e-gift instead of the card itself.
Are text gift cards from Starbucks safe?
Absolutely, text gift cards are just as safe as purchasing a physical gift card. Starbucks uses security measures to ensure the online safety of its customers.
What can I use a Starbucks gift card for?
A Starbucks gift card can be used on anything within the Starbucks store. You can purchase Starbucks coffee, food items, mugs, and more.
How can I add money to a Starbucks gift card?
You can add money to a gift card in a few different ways, including visiting a Starbucks location, using the Starbucks mobile app, or reloading directly on the website.
How many times can I use a Starbucks gift card?
You can use a Starbucks gift card as many times as you’d like as long as there’s still a balance. Once you’ve spent the gift card amount, you can either reload the gift card online or purchase a new one.