Move over PSL - there’s a new star of the show, and it goes by the name of Pumpkin Cream Cold Foam.
This frothy whipped foam is the perfect topping choice for anyone who loves a rich Starbucks Cold Brew dusted with pumpkin spice.
Below, I dive into the basics of the Starbucks Pumpkin Cream Cold Foam, including ingredients, nutritional value, and one of my fave DIY recipes.
How Many Calories Are In Pumpkin Cold Foam?
Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew Nutritional Breakdown
(Cold Coffee - Without Modification)
(12 fl oz)
(16 fl oz)
(20-24 fl oz)
(31 fl oz)
Let’s break down the nutritional facts of the Starbucks Pumpkin Cream Cold Foam.
Because of the whipped cream and the added sweetener, this isn't considered a "health-conscious" topping option.
That's especially the case for anyone who lives a dairy-free lifestyle or is trying to cut back on sugar and fat. You should opt for a dairy-free Starbucks drink or something from the keto Starbucks menu.
In terms of calories, a grande portion of Pumpkin Cream Cold Foam has about 195 calories.
There are 12 grams of fat in a grande Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew and 31 grams of carbs (all of which come from sugar).
This limited-time-only pumpkin cold foam drink has a whopping 185mg of caffeine per 16 ounces, so if you're avoiding caffeine, you’ll definitely want to ask the barista to use decaf iced coffee as a substitute.
How To Order Pumpkin Cream Cold Foam With Less Calories?
- Choose a Smaller Size: Opt for a smaller size, such as a Tall (12 ounces), instead of a larger one to reduce the calorie content.
- Request Sugar-Free Syrup: Ask for sugar-free syrup instead of the regular pumpkin syrup. Starbucks offers sugar-free options for various flavors, including vanilla and cinnamon dolce. The sugar-free syrups contain fewer calories and carbs.
- Choose Non-Fat Milk: Request non-fat milk (skim milk) or a milk alternative like almond milk or soy milk, which typically have fewer calories than whole milk or 2% milk. Just keep in mind that the texture for the pumpkin foam won’t be as creamy because dairy-free milks don’t perform as well when foamed.
- Specify Light Pumpkin Cream Cold Foam: Ask for a lighter amount of pumpkin cream cold foam. Starbucks baristas can adjust the amount they put on your drink, so request it to be made with less foam.
- No Whipped Cream: To further reduce calories, skip the whipped cream on top of your drink.
- Ask for Fewer Pumps: If you prefer a milder sweetness, you can ask for fewer pumps of the pumpkin syrup or sugar-free syrup. For instance, you could ask for half the usual number of pumps.
Other Pumpkin Cream Cold Foam Ordering Tips
Ordering a Pumpkin Cream at Starbucks is pretty simple, especially if you don't want any substitutions or add-ons.
As long as it's available - remember, this is a limited-time-only drink topping for autumn - just ask your barista for "Pumpkin Cream Cold Foam" on top and they will know what to do.
Here are a few tips for ordering a pumpkin cold foam drink in-store and on the app:
Like other seasonal drinks with pumpkin flavoring, this one usually becomes available in late August, so mark your calendars!
How To Make Starbucks Pumpkin Cream Cold Foam At Home? (Copycat Recipe)
Unless you have an unlimited budget when it comes to coffee, chances are you won't want to spend $5 each time you're craving Pumpkin Cold Foam this fall.
Luckily, there are plenty of DIY Starbucks copycat Pumpkin Cream Cold Foam recipes out there, and you can easily make pumpkin foam at home without any professional barista skills.
There will be some key differences between your homemade version and the fancy Starbucks version.
You may find differences in taste, texture, and appearance depending on the brands and ingredient amounts you use as well as your whipping method.
How To Make Cold Brew At Home
Be prepared to plan ahead as cold brew requires a minimum steeping time of 12 hours.
To prepare it at home, simply mix ground coffee with water in a 1-ounce-to-1-cup ratio, give it a good stir, and allow it to steep overnight. Once the 12-hour mark has been reached, strain the brew and keep it in the refrigerator until you're ready to enjoy it. It's a straightforward process.
An alternative approach (the fastest and easiest) is to buy pre-made cold brew at the grocery store; you can even buy a bottled Starbucks Cold Brew iced drink that’s used in the coffee shop.
No matter which method you go with, the first step is to gather what you need for your home made version.
How To Make The Cold Foam At Home
Here’s a full list of the ingredients and supplies you’ll need to make a copycat Starbucks Pumpkin Cream Cold Foam:
- To make the pumpkin cold foam base, start by whisking together your whipping heavy cream (or non-dairy alternative), sweetened condensed milk (or coconut milk), and vanilla extract.
- You'll have to put some muscle into this step, but once you're finished whisking, you should be left with an absolutely delicious sweet heavy cream base similar to the sweet cream used at Starbucks.
- Next up, add the pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice sauce, and pumpkin pie spice mix to the vanilla sweet cream.
- With these ingredients, your normal sweet cream will be transformed into a delicious autumn-flavored pumpkin foam.
- The last step is to whip the cream into a foam. The easiest way to do this is to use a blender, such as a NutriBullet or Ninja, but any blender or handheld milk frother will work just fine.
- After a minute or two of blending, the cream will turn into cold foam, which you'll slowly pour on top of your cold brew or iced coffee. That's it!
- If you have any leftover cold foam you can put it in a mason jar, or leave it in the French press is you're using one, and store in the fridge until you're ready for another pumpkin foam iced drink.
Tips When Using The French Press Method
- If you want to froth milk with a French press, you'll need to pour the vanilla syrup, heavy cream, pumpkin spice sauce into the base of the French press and secure the lid tightly.
- Then, push the French press plunger up and down repeatedly until you see the milk start to froth.
What Exactly Is Pumpkin Cream Cold Foam?
Put simply, cold foam is a foamy dairy-based topping layered on top of cold beverages.
It's typically made from a combination of 2 ingredients - non-fat milk and vanilla syrup that has been whipped in a barista-grade high-speed special blender, electric milk frother, or handheld milk frother.
Starbucks baristas make pumpkin cream cold foam by blending heavy cream, milk, sugar, condensed skim milk, pumpkin puree or real pumpkin spice sauce, fruit or vegetable juice for color, a pinch of salt, natural flavors, and vanilla syrup.
The cold foam is poured over an iced cold brew, pumpkin spice is sprinkled on top, and voilà, you have yourself a refreshing Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew!
Coffee is a major aspect of the Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew, but the pumpkin Cold Foam itself is what sets it apart from other seasonal beverages at Starbucks.
I have been obsessed with this delicious topping since my first sip of the Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew. Now I put this tasty Cold Foam on most of my iced Starbucks fall drinks - I'm hooked!
It’s perfect for when it's not yet sweater weather but I still want to get in the spirit of fall.
Common Pumpkin Cream Cold Foam Questions
Can you put pumpkin cold foam on hot drinks?
Technically, yes can put pumpkin cold foam on hot drinks. Keep in mind, the foam will melt quite quickly. That’s why cold foam is traditionally only poured on top of cold drinks.
When does Starbucks get rid of Pumpkin Cream Cold Foam for the season?
Starbucks will get rid of the pumpkin cream cold foam around Thanksgiving, or towards the end of November.
What kind of pumpkin syrup does Starbucks use?
Starbucks uses their own brand of pumpkin syrup made by the Fontana company.
How many pumps of pumpkin spice are in a venti?
If you order a venti, there will be 5 full pumps of pumpkin syrup in your Pumpkin Cream Cold Foam (unless you ask for more/less).
Does Dunkin’ Donuts have pumpkin cold foam?
Yep! Just like Starbucks, Dunkin’ Donuts is taking advantage of the fall season with unique pumpkin-flavored coffee drinks… including its very own version of the Pumpkin Cream Cold Foam.[
Try This Delicious Drink This Fall!
The seasonal Pumpkin Cream Cold Foam is perfect for topping your favorite cold brew coffee. This topping easily imbues your coffee with flavors of pumpkin spice, making it the perfect drink to enjoy this autumn.
If spending $5 for a grande Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew sounds a bit steep, go ahead and try my copycat pumpkin cold foam recipe - you (and your wallet) won't be disappointed!