Have you been running into some issues with the Nespresso machine that you’ve got at home? If so, it’s likely that you’ll need to reset your Nespresso machine.
No matter the model of the Nespresso machine you've got, in this guide, we'll provide you with everything you need to know about resetting your Nespresso machine and more.
Why Reset A Nespresso Machine?
It's likely you'd need to reset your Nespresso machine if you run into any of the following issues:
- 1Not a fan of the current customization you've got
If you went all-in when customizing your drink and would like to change its settings, you'll need to reset your Nespresso machine.
- 2Run into issues
Perhaps you've got difficulty removing used pods, your machine is having an error, or you’ve got alert lights staying on. In these instances, you’d need to reset your Nespresso machine.
After you've descaled your Nespresso machine, it’s always a good idea to reset it.
- 4Change of settings
If you simply just want to change your settings or experiment with something different, you'd also need to reset your Nespresso machine. Resetting is simple and doesn’t take much effort, so you'd be able to do so at any time with minimal effort.
How To Reset Nespresso Machines? (Easy Steps For All Models)
General Guide For Nespresso Machines
Luckily, resetting your Nespresso machine is not an overly complicated process. While each model has slightly different instructions for resetting, it's largely the same. Below is a general guide on how to go about resetting your Nespresso machine.
- 1Eject coffee capsules
Go ahead and eject any used coffee capsules from your coffee machine.
- 2Turn off your machine
Before doing your reset, it's important that you turn off your machine. That's not to say that you should unplug your Nespresso machine. Instead, simply let it rest for a few minutes after you’ve brewed your coffee before turning it off.
- 3Begin the reset
To begin with resetting your Nespresso machine, you'll go ahead and press the "lungo" button on your device. The "lungo” button is characterized by the button with the larger cup. Hold it for about five seconds until you see the buttons blinking.
After you've pressed the "lungo” button for about five seconds or so, go ahead and release the button and let the machine do its thing. Once the buttons are no longer in blinking mode and you can see a consistent light, the reset is complete.
- 5Adjust your settings
Just because your machine has reset doesn't mean you should go ahead and brew yourself a cup of coffee right away. Resetting your Nespresso machine implies that all of the settings have changed back to default.
You'll need to adjust the settings and customize them according to your needs. Otherwise, you'd end up with a weird cup of coffee that's not to your liking.
A few of the Nespresso models have more specific instructions to consider:
- 1Leave the lever in an unlocked position.
- 2Instead of holding the button, you'll need to quickly push the coffee button five times.
- 3If your machine is resetting, you'll see the button blink five times slowly.
Nespresso Vertuo Next
The Nespresso Vertuo Next reset is similar to a Nespresso Vertuo.
- 1You'll press the top coffee button quickly five times.
- 2Then, the light will turn orange and flash five times before flashing to a steady white light.
- 3Once you see the white light, the reset is complete.
Nespresso Vertuo Evoluo
- 1Similar to the Nespresso Vertuo Next, press the button five times quickly.
- 2Then, you'll see the button blink orange five times to confirm that the Nespresso machine has been reset.
With the Nespresso Inissia, you’ll follow the general Nespresso machine reset instructions.
- 1Press the "lungo” button for five seconds.
- 2The lights will then blink before showing a consistent light.
- 3Once the light is steady, you can go ahead and brew yourself a cup of coffee.
- 1Similar to the Nespresso Inissia, go ahead and hold down the “lungo” button, and wait for the lights to blink.
- 2Once the blinking has stopped and it shows a steady light, your Nespresso Citiz is good to go.
Nespresso Essenza Mini
- 1Similar to the above, you’ll go ahead and press your “lungo” button for about five seconds or so.
- 2After the lights have blinked and are steady and good to go, you can go ahead and use your Nespresso Essenza Mini machine.
Nespresso Lattissima One
- 1The Lattissima One is slightly different in that you’ll need to place the milk jug to the side.
- 2Instead of the "lungo” button, you’ll also be pressing the milk button for three seconds.
- 3You'll then see the alert lights start to blink.
- 4Go ahead and press the milk button again. After it blinks, press it one more time to confirm that the reset is complete.
Resetting Nespresso Machine After Descaling
Resetting your Nespresso machine after descaling could differ depending on the Nespresso machine that you’ve got. Generally speaking, however, to exit descaling mode, you'll proceed with the following steps:
- 1Hold the button for at least seven seconds.
- 2Once the button stops blinking and becomes steady, the descaling process is complete
- 3Wait for the machine to dry for at least 10 minutes before using it.
Once that's complete, go ahead and proceed with resetting your Nespresso machine (as per the steps mentioned earlier). It is important to reset your Nespresso machine after descaling just so you know that your machine has completely exited the descaling process and is ready to be used.
Frequently Asked Nespresso Machine Questions
Why is my Nespresso machine still blinking after descaling?
It could mean that your Nespresso machine has yet to completely exit descaling mode or that your device has run into an issue. If it persists, you should turn the machine off, unplug it for a few minutes, plug it back in, and proceed with resetting your Nespresso machine.
Why is my Nespresso not working after descaling?
It does happen occasionally, whether it be your Nespresso still in the midst of the descaling process or something else. If it persists, go ahead and reset your Nespresso machine to see if it assists with rectifying the issue.
As you can see, resetting a Nespresso machine is incredibly simple and will take you no time at all. If you've run into an issue with your Nespresso machine, descaling and resetting your device will typically rectify the issue. With that, you’ll have a delicious cup of coffee in no time at all.